The Lindy’s Sports activities 2023-24 preview journal – an annual publication previewing the upcoming school basketball season – hit newsstands not too long ago.
Listed here are some notes on Indiana and the Massive Ten at giant from the annual publication. (You’ll be able to buy the regional cowl that includes Xavier Johnson right here.)
· Six Massive Ten groups are ranked in Lindy’s preseason prime 40, which is topped by preseason No. 1 Kansas. The Massive Ten groups within the prime 40 embody Purdue (No. 3), Michigan State (No. 4), Maryland (No. 25), Wisconsin (No. 27), Illinois (No. 33) and Indiana (No. 38).
· Along with Kansas, a pair of Indiana non-conference opponents are ranked within the prime 40. UConn is No. 12 and Auburn is No. 29. Potential opponent Texas is No. 19.
· Seven Massive Ten groups are projected to make the 2024 NCAA match: Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin. Lindy’s tasks Purdue and Michigan State as Remaining 4 groups.
· Lindy’s ranked all 32 conferences in school basketball and has the Massive Ten second behind the Massive 12.
· Three Massive Ten gamers earned Lindy’s preseason All-American honors. Purdue’s Zach Edey is a preseason first-team All-American and nationwide participant of the yr decide. Terrence Shannon of Illinois can also be a primary workforce decide. Maryland’s Jahmir Younger is a preseason second-team All-American.
· Lindy’s ranked the highest 150 gamers in school basketball and included the next Massive Ten gamers: Edey (No. 1), Shannon Jr. (No. 8), Younger (No. 9), Cliff Omoruyi of Rutgers (No. 23), Northwestern’s Boo Buie (No. 36), Michigan State’s A.J. Hoggard (No. 48), Maryland’s Julian Reese (No. 59), Michigan State’s Tyson Walker (No. 63), Penn State’s Ace Baldwin (No. 82), Nebraska’s Keisei Tominaga (No. 92), Purdue’s Braden Smith (No. 99), Indiana’s Mackenzie Mgbako (No. 100), Iowa’s Tony Perkins (No. 108), Wisconsin’s Steven Crowl (No. 116), Minnesota’s Dawson Garcia (No. 120), Maryland’s Donta Scott (No. 128), Michigan State’s Jaden Akins (No. 137) and Indiana’s Xavier Johnson (No. 143).
· Lindy’s picked Purdue to win the Massive Ten adopted by Michigan State, Maryland, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Northwestern, Iowa, Rutgers, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska and Minnesota.
· On Indiana: “McDonald’s AA Mackenzie Mgbako and Oregon switch Kel’el Ware give the Hoosiers two extra high-end abilities. How lengthy will it take to fill Trayce Jackson-Davis’ large contribution? Will Xavier Johnson keep wholesome? In that case, there’s Candy 16 functionality.”
· Edey is Lindy’s decide for preseason Massive Ten participant of the yr and Baldwin is the decide for newcomer of the yr. Mgbako is taken into account the Massive Ten’s finest NBA prospect.
· Lindy’s first-team All-Massive Ten: Boo Buie, Terrence Shannon Jr., Jahmir Younger, Zach Edey, Cliff Omoruyi.
· Lindy’s second-team All-Massive Ten: Ace Baldwin, A.J. Hoggard, Keisei Tominaga, Tyson Walker, Julian Reese.
· Lindy’s third-team All-Massive Ten: Tony Perkins, Braden Smith, Dawson Garcia, Mackenzie Mgbako, Steven Crowl.
Filed to: 2023-24 Massive Ten preview, Lindy’s Sports activities, Mackenzie Mgbako, Xavier Johnson